Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 17, 2009

Express Yourself! “English is fun!”



Hello there! I'm here to talk about the English subject which can be boring sometimes to others. Some said English is so-so but I'm here to state that English is neither both of those statements. They said that maybe because they have a hard time getting an A or at least good results in English. I will try my best to help you, my dear friends! Here are some tips and my personal secrets! Be grateful, haha, not really...




'English Is Fun', quite a popular tagline isn't it? Well course it is! Nobody can deny that English is a bit relaxing than other subjects. You only need to master sentence building which is quite easy. You need a [SUBJECT+PREDICATE], as simple as that. But we don't want something to be THAT simple. At least add something to the sentence like adverbs or adjectives, I don't actually know in a proper way. English is easy once you learn that simple technique, it's just like Bahasa Melayu except that it's in another language.




I can positively say that each one of us listens to music especially English. Now, this truly defines English is fun. Listen carefully to the lyrics, you will never regret it. The lyrics of songs have many 'bombastic' words, once in a while you will surely find one. Besides enjoying the music, you can learn English as well but beware as lyrics tend to be broken in sentence structure! That's one of my secrets.




Okay, in writing an essay, just use everything you got but make sure you use simple words and a complete sentence. After a few paragraphs, try inserting one or two bizarre words in between your sentences just to get merit points. Here's my tip, it's a bit risky but if you feel confident, heck just use it. I always read back what I wrote on the paper after finishing a sentence or two or maybe a paragraph. If the sentences sound funny then there must be something wrong with them. This is when it becomes risky; we consume time when we check for spelling mistakes and sentences. Dare or not? It's all up to you!




Have you played any games in any platform? Well, I have a PS2 but it has been a long time since I touched it, it's all dusty and all. I'm busy with my study now, ahhh, memorizing something that we must keep firm in our mind. Anyway, for all gamers, in what language do you play with? No doubt it's English; this makes me what I am today. The wordings in games are often written in a complete sentence. My English has improved, thanks to many kinds of games I played when I was a kid. I don't know if it is too late to start but if you don't have time to play games, at least read magazines or comics in English. Oh, an English drama also helps!




I think that is all for now, I have other business to attend to, homework! Assalamualaikum & have a good day...




Ahmad Zaim


5 Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment